What a great conversation with Deena Piquion, soccer mom, team manager, community advocate, Chief Marketing Officer, Xerox.
Join us to hear the conversation and learn about her:
· Energy renewal approach with vacations – Pause, Stop, Enjoy life and family.
· Love of pizza and wine or tequila on Friday’s!
· Path that did not start out with the intent of going into the Tech industry.
· Support system and view of importance of solid partners in life.
· Personal journey and family priorities that became foundation.
· Pet peeve about working twice as hard to prove herself.
· Courage to speak up when she saw/heard bias and educate on acceptable behaviors.
· View on personal brand her core pieces she is known for.
· Authentic leadership and self, showing up fully for others.
· Event to overcome her saboteur!
· Why she created IAMDeena.com as part of her personal brand and outreach to others needing guidance.
· Advocacy as the Messenger for her team, representing them at the table.
· Overcoming fear in order to share important messages in a received way.
· Cross-over of personal learnings into her leadership style.
Deena offers such vulnerable insight into her journey and what she has learned along the way. Her suggestions and viewpoints on how others can make the shift is spot on. The conversation is important as leadership evolution is becoming an obvious requirement in the workplace in order to match up skills with how to navigate change, uncertainty, unpredictability, and the need for meaning in work.
Recommendations from Deena:
· My Life In Full: Work, Family, and Our Future by Indra Nooyi trailblazer and former CEO of PepsiCo.
· Nicklaus Children’s Health Care Foundation – www.nicklaus.com
(formerly Miami Children’s Hospital). Bringing access to treatments children would otherwise not have and full family support.
· Mystic Force Foundation raises awareness of childhood cancer and raises funds for research which only gets a very small % of funding overall to find less toxic and more effective treatments for children. www.mysticforcefoundation.com
Listen on Spotify, Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Amazon Music, Listen Notes, Audible, SoundCloud, iHeart Radio. A big thank you for Follows, Likes and Reviews.